Recommended Way To Name You Child
1. Named after the Prophets like Muhammad, Isa, Ibrahim, Nuh, Yaakob, etc.
2. Name taken from Asma 'ul Husna (99 names of Allah) - Prophet Muhammad S.A.W has once told that Abdul Rahman (Slave of the Generous; Compassionate; Beneficent) and Abdullah (Slave of Allah) are the names that Allah loves most. I should also point out that in order to use one of the names of Allah, you must put 'Abdul' (meaning ‘slave of’) in front of it and you can't use 'Abdul' with other names except for the 99 names of Allah.
3. Named after the Prophet's close friends - Name such as Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Saad, Zubair and others are also a good choice for a baby name. They are known as good friends of the Prophets, good leaders, good thinkers, good noble people.
Forbidden Way To Name Your Child
1. Bad degrading names such as Sariq (Thieves), Ashiah ( those who are immoral), Kilab (Dogs), Jahil (Stupid).
2. Names specially for Allah only like Ahad (the only One) .
3. Names that didn't have any useful meaning such as Malikul Amlak ( Kings of all kings), Aflah (Prosperous), Yasar (Left-wing - in political term) as prohibited by Prophet Muhammad S.A.W with his saying:
"Do not call your boy Yasar, nor Rabah, nor Najeeh, nor Aflah, since you will say: Is he there?' So it will be said: 'No'. Indeed they are four, so do not attribute more to me." (Reported by Muslim, Abu Dawud & At-Tirmidhee)4. Name with 'Abdul' (Slave of) with other attributes other than Allah's 99 names like Abdul Uzza (Uzza's Slave), Abdul Kaabah (Kaabah's Slave), Abdul Fulus (Money Slave).
Recommended names and Forbidden names information is taken from 'Indahnya Hidup Bersyariat by Dato' Ismail Kamus' book given by my uncle. It's a good book and I recommend those of you in Malaysia to get it.
So for those expecting a child like me...please do share with me what's your most likely name for your unborn child...I would love to hear it from you guys :-)