My wife has gastric since her teenage days but nothing too serious that requires her to get constant medication. But as she get pregnant, her gastric problem came back and causing her to have this heartburn sensation in the chest and throat, everything to her now taste different and her tongue tasted bitter all the time, the increased amount of acid in her stomach caused her to be 'gassy' all the time. Well according to the doctor this pain during pregnancy normally happens to most of pregnant women (early pregnancy) and usually it will go away/reduced after the first Trimester. So, as a concerned husband i did some research on how to reduce the feeling of discomfort caused by gastric, heartburn information, treatment for heartburn and thought i would share it with you guys. Here's how we can help them:
1. Avoid food that can trigger acid build-up such as oily food, vinegar, some citrus fruits, chocolate, spicy foods, caffeinated products (Coffee, Tea, Cola), carbonated drinks, anything sourly.
2. Try to eat more regularly with smaller portions. As our wives become pregnant, the content of acid in their stomach increased and the process of food digestion also become slower thus the reason of lowering the volume of food and best if they munch their food as many times as possible before swallowing to help the food to processed faster reducing the acid buildup.
3. No ALCOHOL, Period! Alcohol and Pregnancy does not mix!
4. Ask them to wear comfortable clothing that didn't restrict/pressing your stomach and waist.
5. Don't overstress them, this can also cause acid reflux to go wacko!
6. Drink yogurt based drinks or milk before sleep.
7. Try chewing gum after eating. Chewing gum stimulates your salivary glands, and saliva can help neutralize acid
8. Avoid eating close to bedtime.
9. Drinking soy-milk and barley also helps.
10. Medication: ALWAYS consult with your gynecologist on what medication that your spouse can take.
11. Also i found a very interesting way to reduce heartburn & acid reflux which is clinically proven and unique and it's using a 5-Step Holistic System CLICK HERE.
So there you go guys, I hoped the info i shared with you is beneficial and helpful in any way possible..