Nausea during pregnancy is a very common symptoms for all pregnant mothers. According to some research, only half of pregnant women will get drunk pregnant (morning sickness), while some do not. Although this is called morning sickness you might as well have it in the afternoon or evening. I have a few modern and traditional tips to share for those having the nausea symptoms. For the traditional methods, it's been passed on from generations to generations by my ancestors. First off, let's take a look at the modern tips.
1. In the first weeks of pregnancy to the 10th week, a pregnant mother is in need for iron. Iron is essential to help pregnant women to relieve nausea, vomiting and allergic reactions. Take a pill substance of iron a day with vitamin C. Vitamin C helps the absorption of iron. Making plenty of dark green vegetables that are rich in nutrients iron.
2. Take honey, a spoonful in the morning (and a spoonful at night - optional), take on an empty stomach. Make sure not to take any drink / food half an hour after drinking honey. Honey helps to increase hemoglobin in blood. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells which plays an important role in bringing oxygen to the body tissues. While iron is an essential component of hemoglobin. Low hemoglobin, less oxygen, can cause headache/dizziness.
3. 100 plus (isotonic drink) drinking water, make sure to reduce the gas. Open the lid and leave overnight in the refrigerator. You can either drink it exceedingly, or freeze in freezer (in an ice cube tray). If you feel like vomiting / nausea, take a piece of the frozen 100 plus ice cube and treat it like ice cream. The cold sensation will make the mouth / throat a little numb, so the nausea will be reduced. 100 plus (or other isotonic drinks) is also good to replace fluids and mineral salts balance in the body lost due to vomiting.
4. Nutmeg is also a remedy for relieving nausea during pregnancy, dizzy or other symptoms associated with fainting.
5. Practice eating dates, approximately 7 pieces per day.
6. Drink hot tea with a small slice of ginger. Ginger is pressed, before soaked in tea.
7. Avoid taking oily and spicy foods.
I have also a traditional south east Asian remedy for treating nausea. You can try it if you want.
1. Take an inch of ginger, a lemon, 2-3 cloves of cinnamon, put in a glass of boiled water, put a piece of rock sugar, and finally enclose it. Take it every morning and before bed.
2. Take a handful of curry leaves. Blend into juice. Mix the juice with lemon and sugar and a tea. Drink every morning.
Hopefully all the tips given above is beneficial for those having nausea during pregnancy. Try it and let me know if if works for you.